ShareThis

My New Toy - Part 2

 Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well it was finally delivered.  Yep, you guessed it, the rest of my new toy!  Isn't she beautiful.  I must admit, it was love at first sight!


I also had my first lesson on the same night.  I must say that it went pretty well.  I definitely have A LOT more practicing to do, but at least I have a starting point and something to build from.


Here are the results from the very first lesson. 



The first thing I learned was squiggles and loopy d loos. 


Then we moved on to flowers, which I think need a lot more work, but my teacher was impressed. 



Stars.  These were definitely fun.



My teacher thought I was advancing pretty quickly, so she decided to teach me feathers as well.



The top batch of feathers were my teacher's and the bottom branch is my attempt.  I definitely think mine need some work, but at least it looks like a feather.  It is a little harder to see my teacher's only because we were starting to run out of room and had to put designs on top of each other.

I must say that I absolutely love to play with my new toy and can't wait to actually try out some of these new design techniques on some of my quilts.  Good thing I have plenty of baby quilts in the works!

6 comments:

Linda August 5, 2012 at 8:59 PM  

Congratulations Melissa!!!!! Your doodles look awesome already! Have fun!!! :-)

Heidi Staples August 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM  

Looks like you're having a great time!

Heidi Staples August 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM  

Thanks for your comment on my structure quilt today. BTW, did you know that you're a no-reply blogger? I'd love to write you back when you leave a comment for me!

Sara August 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM  

I'm jealous....that's all I can say. Super, super jealous :)

Sara August 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM  

wanted to send you an email - but you're no reply....
We are still trying to get a guild going in town here.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP