ShareThis

Kaelan's Quilt

 Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am proud to say that I am catching up and another baby quilt is completed.  At the time that I got pregnant with Mae over a year ago now, two of my sister in law's were pregnant as well.  All 3 girls are no more than 5 months apart.  My daughter Mae was first, 2.5 months later my neice Cate was born, and another 2.5 months later, Kaelan was born.  I finished up Cate's quilt a couple of months ago, which was my very first blog post.  Now I have Kaelan's quilt completed and it happens to be a very special quilt to me as well.  It is my very first completed quilt on my new long arm.  After a month of practice on muslin pieces, I finally got the courage to quilt on an actual quilt.  I must say that quilting on a quilt is very different.  It is harder navigating the seams at times, but it still was a lot of fun.  I free motion quilted an allover Loopy D Loo pattern. 

 
I did machine applique on the 4 corners of a monkey, giraffe, elephant, and a lion.  I personalized the quilt with Kaelan's name in the middle square.  It definitely was a fun quilt to make. 




Here are some pics of baby Kaelan testing out her quilt. 
 

 
I think she likes it.  My daughter, Mae had to even test it out with her.  Aren't they just so cute together? 
 
 
Well I am definitely very happy with how it turned out.  I know that I still have a lot more to learn, but seeing people enjoy the final product makes it all worth while.  Especially when they are under 2 feet tall!

1 comments:

Jenny September 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM  

Love loop quilting for baby quilts and adorable little girl!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP