ShareThis

Quilted Bibs

 Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Well this past week, I have been getting ready for a craft show for this upcoming Saturday.  To say that I am ready would be a complete lie.  In fact, I would say I am the exact opposite of ready.  I definitely do not have much ready for this craft show at all.  Good thing that I entered it with my mother in law and her sister (My Aunt).  With all 3 of us, we should have enough stuff to fill a table.  Well the items that I am currently working on are the quilted bibs (Item #1 on my 100 Day Hustle List).  I purchased a great pattern by Camille Roskelly, which you can purchase here


It really is a great pattern and I figure that whatever doesn't sell I can use for my little girl who absolutely loves to wear bibs even when she is not eating.  

Some of the fabric I am using are charm packs of Mischief and Curiosities by Nancy Halverson and a miscellaneous charm pack from Joann's as well and some scraps of a leftover baby quilt I made called Lil Cowpokes by Michael Miller.


I currently have only one bib entirely completed.


I have one bib in the cut out needs the backing sewn on phase.


Here is an up close picture of the quilting.  I did a double loop on the boy Mischief bibs.

I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  I also have a bib that is in the need to be cut out phase.

Then the majority of my bibs are in the need to be quilted, cut out, and have backing sewn on phase.



My favorite part about making these bibs is it gives me some good "space" to practice new long arm quilting designs.  I can't wait to try a floral pattern on the bibs shown above.  Good thing I have all day on Friday to work on them.  Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.  


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great week!

Melissa

2 comments:

cherie godbey October 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

That little bib is too cute!!

Mandy October 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM  

Wow, that's a lot of work piecing the charm squares to get your bib. Good job cos they look really darn cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP