ShareThis

Let's Get Aquainted Blog Hop Weeks #4 & #5

 Sunday, July 7, 2013


Not much sewing has been going on around here lately due to all the holiday festivities; however, I do plan on making more of a headway over the next couple of weeks on my Flower Patch Quilt Along wall hang using the fabrics shown above.  I am making mine smaller then the required pattern because I want some smaller quilts to hang in my new quilting studio.

I am pretty excited.  My studio is in the basement.  It will actually take up the majority of the basement, but we never did anything to that area of the house when we moved in.  The previous homeowners sort of finished it but they didn't completely finish it I would say.  They painted some parts with white and gray paint, just primed other parts, and left bare wood on the remainder, so my plan is to finish what they started.  I do think they were on the right track with what they were doing, but moved out before they completed it.  My plan is to have it completed just after Labor Day so I can take on customers in the fall.  I want them to have a nice area to come and drop their quilts off at.  My plan is to take before and after pictures all along, so I can post my progress here on the blog.  I am excited to see how it will turn out.

In the meantime, please don't forget to stop by the following blogs this week to see some of their great posts.  I have been following along and I think everyone has done a really great job sharing more about themselves as well as different quilting tips and tricks.

Week #4
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

Week #5
Christa @ Christa Quilts!
Stephanie @ Quarter Incher
Kristy & Shayla @ Sassafras Lane Designs

Linking up with Plum and June Let's Get Acquainted Linkup.

Happy quilting!

6 comments:

QuiltCandy July 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM  

Hiya, stopping by from LQA, I love those fabrics, it's going to make a gorgeous wall hanging!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD July 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM  

Dropping by from LGA - those fabrics are gorgeous together, looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare July 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM  

It sounds like your basement is going to make a great studio. And I love your fabric selections for the flower patch qal :)

Martha July 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM  

Those fabrics are so pretty together. Looking forward to sewing your mini and your sewing room. I need to make some minis for my sewing room too.

Amanda July 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM  

How exciting! I'm glad you're making progress on getting ready for customers!

Karen July 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM  

I'd love to see the before & after pictures, it sounds wonderful! Those fabrics are so pretty :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP