ShareThis

Star Surround Quilt Along - Surrounds

 Friday, August 30, 2013

For Week #5, we are to make the pieces that surround the star center portion of the block from my last blog post.  You can find the instructions for this week's assignment on Melissa's blog Happy Quilting here.  The "surrounds" were made in two different parts.  First the corners, which I must say look A LOT better then my sides. The corners are shown below.  I really like how these turned out, but I will admit I do enjoy making half square triangles.


Now my flying geese on the other hand, which make up a majority of the side look a little bit "drunk" so to speak.  I promise you I was not drinking any of my favorite light mango passion fruit daiquiris when I made them, but it sure look like I did.  I am hoping that when I combine them into the entire block you won't notice them too much!


Guess what folks, this means I am almost caught up!  I should be caught up by tomorrow, which is when I hope to put the entire block together.  Man, it will be so nice to finally be caught up with something for a change!

Linking up to The Star Surround Quilt Along hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting.


Happy Quilting!

1 comments:

Melissa Corry September 3, 2013 at 7:06 AM  

They look great. And now worries on those drunk geese. They will cone out just fine in the overall mix.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP