ShareThis

Pantograph Lesson

 Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I am so excited, but this Friday, I am getting my first pantograph lesson.  I was actually able to put together the laser light and put it on the machine, which made me feel very good.  I have been practicing a pattern, but I am currently just leaving the machine turned off until I actually have someone show me how to line up the start of the quilt with the pantograph and how to advance it.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything to actually show you except the pattern that I have been tracing.  The pattern that I have been practicing is called "Denise's Sprials" shown below:


I am so excited to quilt this for real instead of in thin air.  The first "official" quilt that will get this treatment will be my teal and purple hourglass quilt, so I had better get this stack of blocks sewn up this week!  


Don't you think this pattern will look great on this quilt?  Especially after seeing the fabric above with it's spirals, I know this would be the perfect quilting for this quilt!  

Linking up to WIP Wednesday link party hosted by Lee at Freshly Pieced.


Happy Quilting!


9 comments:

Pieces to Love January 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM  

The spirals will look great on your spiral fabrics.

marcella January 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM  

I think it will be great on an hourglass block quilt! Hope you love your panto lesson.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM  

In total agreement, it's going to look gorgeous!

Teresa Silva January 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM  

That looks like a cool pantograph. FYI - The Gammill website has an excellent tutorial for doing pantographs. I self-taught myself from that tutorial. I have also used You Tube videos a lot. Just thought you might want to know :)

Chris January 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM  

The pattern is perfect for the fabrics in your quilt.

Amanda January 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM  

I love it when the quilting matches the fabric...I tink it'll look great!

Becky January 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM  

What a neat pattern!! Love anything with spirals!

Abby January 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM  

Good luck! I love that pattern. Just know, the bottom of your quilt will look better than the top - you gotta get in a rhythm.

Good luck!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP