ShareThis

January Goal - A Finish!

 Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I am so excited because I actually finished my first goal for January!  It was a close finish, but a finish none the less.  My long arm quilting machine broke down on me and had to go to the shop, so it was out for a week.  I got it back last week and after a couple of "quilting headaches" I was able to actually get the quilt quilted and bound over the weekend.  Man was that spa trip over the weekend well deserved!  So let's get to the pictures shall we!



I quilted a spiral pantograph on it, which was a little bit difficult at times with all the seams.  Some of my seams were pretty heavy so that was actually an excellent learning experience for me.  For the most part it turned out pretty good.  I was happy with it.  It was my first time doing this pantograph on an actual quilt top and not on a plain piece of fabric.  I must say that I agree with Abby from Latimer Lane and you do get better with the pantograph the further you get to the bottom.  I will try to practice this more though, so my top will look like my bottom in the future!  I forgot to show you a picture of the finished quilt before quilting, so that is shown here below:


Here is a picture of the entire quilt all quilted up.  I must say I just love how much texture quilting gives a quilt.  I just love that crinkle bumpy feeling.  


I also did a different binding treatment on it.  I added a brown ric rac which I have never done before.  You can see a better pic of that below, but if you would like a good tutorial on this that I used, I got it from here on Bee in My bonnet's blog.  She does an excellent job on explaining how to do it, so I highly recommend you check it out.  I think it looks so adorable on a "girly" quilt.  


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Hourglass Quilt you can find the tutorial here on Cluck Cluck Sew's blog
Fabric: Calm Curiosities by Nancy Halvorsen and Moda Bella Solid in Brown
Thread: Superior So Fine and Bottom Line in White
Pantograph: Denise's Spirals

Well there you have it, my January goal finished!  Even before the baby is here!  Double yay!

Linking up to 2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts.
Happy Quilting!







4 comments:

Cindy January 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM  

I think it looks wonderful! So glad to hear your long arm machine is back and working much better. Great color choices and quilting technique.

Abby February 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM  

Looks great! Yea for your first pantograph. Don't give up!

Amanda February 6, 2013 at 6:48 AM  

I really, really like these colors! It's beautiful!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts February 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM  

It looks so fantastic. And a finish is a finish! Thanks for linking up!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP