ShareThis

2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes - August Goal

 Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I decided to take last month off from joining in on the "Lovely Year of Finishes" because let's be frank not a lot of finishes have been occurring around here lately, so I felt I needed to take a break from it.  However, this month I fully intend on getting back into the saddle and actually finishing something.

A week or so ago I saw a really cute fat quarter bundle of 8 fat quarters of Boo Crew for only $20.00 on Etsy by Sew Lux Fabric. I have been admiring this collection for quite some time, so I really couldn't pass this purchase up.  I received it over the weekend and look at just how adorable it was packaged!


Okay, I know what you are thinking, what happened to my fabric diet?  Well.... I cheated a little bit, but now I am back in the saddle after my weekend purchases.  We will see how long that lasts.  At least I did admit that if I could get my pretty little hands on some of the Boo Crew or Flats collection, my diet might go to the wayside.  Thankfully the Boo Crew craving has been filled, but really who could blame me.  Look at how adorable this collection is.  I just love the little monsters and in the next picture you will see the little spiders. Scary, but not too scary for my kids.


While I was at the Polish Festival in Boyne Falls, I went up to a modern quilt shop in Charlevoix, MI called "Hearts to Holly A Quilt and Gift Shop" and picked up some additional fat quarters of the Boo Crew fabric collection there too.  See below.  It really was a beautiful fabric shop and I will take pictures of it when I go up there next year!  They had a lot of really great fabric collections such as Happy Go Lucky, Boo Crew, Curiosities etc, so if you are ever in the area you should really check it out.


I am so excited that I was able to pick up some of this collection to make a couple of decorations for our home for fall.  It is about time my house starts to get decorated!  The first thing I plan on making is a smaller version of Judy's Pumpkin Table Runner, which you can find the tutorial for it on her blog here.  My goal is to make this table runner by the end of the month!

Linking up to 2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts.
Happy Quilting!

1 comments:

Abby August 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

Can't wait to see your runner! I love this line.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP