ShareThis

Star Surround Quilt Along - Flying Geese

 Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On Monday, I announced a Quilt Along that Janice from Better off Threads and I are hosting called the "Countdown to Christmas Quilt Along" where we are making Oh Fransson's Advent Calendar.  It's the perfect project for anyone starting out in quilting or someone who would like a slow paced project to work on to get a break from your busy schedule.  I hope that you will take the time to check it out and join us!

Now back to the Star Surround Quilt Along hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting.  I am still a little bit behind, but I should be able to catch up this week in order to be able to participate in this week's drawing. That is my goal anyways.  Assignment #3 is to make the flying geese.  You can find Melissa's post about it here.  You know how I told you last week that I used to hate making triangles well I must admit that I have an even deeper dislike for flying geese.  For some reason, my points never line up like I want them to and they always seem to look wonky for lack of a better word.  I tried Melissa's method which is a lot different than how I have put them together in the past.  I hate to say it but I still don't like flying geese.  They still look a little wonky, but hopefully some of that will be hidden when I piece the square together!



Can I say that I am very happy to have this "assignment" finished!  Definitely not my favorite homework if you would call it that, but on to Assignment #4!

Linking up to The Star Surround Quilt Along hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting.


Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

RobotMomSews August 21, 2013 at 3:52 PM  

Okay, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with the geese. I just tried this method for the first time over the weekend and MOST of my geese were wonky and not playing nice. I think I just need to practice more and maybe more patience? Who knows. This is a cute idea tho-can't wait to see it all finished!

Melissa Corry August 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM  

They look great. No worries, they will work great. Love those cute little spiders ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP