Monday, October 28, 2013
Welcome back to the next post for the Countdown to Christmas Quilt Along. Today, we are talking about quilting ideas. Shown below is a copy of the schedule so you can see where we are at and what comes next:
- August 19th - Announcement of Giveaway and sponsors
- September 2nd - Quilt Along begins: Choosing fabrics and fabric requirements
- September 16th - Cutting
- September 30th - Applique techniques (machine, hand, puff-paint, ironed on). The options are endless for how you would like to add your numbers to the pockets.
- October 14th - Piecing and layout variations
- October 28th - Quilting ideas
- November 11th - Binding
- November 25th - The Big Reveal and ideas for what to put in the pockets.
If you want to see more details on the Quilt Along please go here. Remember you can join in on the fun at any time!
I am so glad we have finally reached this point in the quilt along! The quilting is my favorite part of the quilting process. I really struggled with how I wanted to quilt this project. I practiced some swirls and I didn't like how they were going to look on this project. I like swirls that are fuller rather then just having them go in a straight line. I played around with a meandering stipple, loops, and loop / double loop combo. I decided on the meandering loops for my project and I absolutely love how it turned out.
I also wanted to share some of the "practicing" I did with you as well. Here is the meandering stipple, loops, and loop / double loop combo.
Well I can't wait to see your finished quilt tops. Some of you had such great piecing ideas, I just can't wait to see what you come up with for the quilting. Janice from Better off Thread was thinking about doing some pebble quilting on her quilt top, so don't forget to check out her post to see what she decided to do. We are almost finished, so don't stop now because there are some really great prizes available for the final linkup! The linkup will be open for the next two weeks.