ShareThis

March Goal - Finish

 Friday, March 15, 2013

I am so excited to say that I have finished this months goal!  The two pocket pillows for my daughter's school auction are complete.


I can't tell you how excited I was to get these finished.  I am glad that they turned out so cute, but I must say they were definitely a "labor of love".  As I was quilting a "swirl" motif from Natalia's book, which can be purchased here, the tension on my long arm kept going "weird" on me.  I think I ripped out the quilting on the boy's pocket piece three times.  It was just crazy.  After the 3rd time, I was finally satisfied with the quilting. However, when putting one of the pillows together, I sewed it together backwards.  I must say it has been a long time since my seam ripper had seen that much action!  Needless to say, I am definitely happy with the final product and I hope some children will be too.  

Here are some pictures of the girl pillow without the books and some "up close and personal" pictures of the quilting.  




Here are some pictures of the boy pillow without the books and some "up close and personal" pictures of the quilting. 




I still do want to make one for my girls' for Christmas.  My oldest saw the "girl one" and you should have seen her face light up and then the look I got when I told her it wasn't for "her".  I felt so bad.  I said "mommy" would try and make one for Christmas and she could pick the colors.  At least now I have a "Christmas idea" for this year, but I had better make two because I couldn't stand getting that look a "second" time from daughter #2.  

Linking up to 2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts.
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

cherie godbey March 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM  

Love the Berenstain Bears and I love your pillows! I am making some for a fundraiser at our preschool and I think the kids would love some made from these fabrics! Great job, just lovely!

Anonymous,  March 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM  

What adorable pillows and the pocket is a great idea! Of course your girls want one. What child wouldn't?

Gwen March 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM  

Those pillows are adorable! I don't blame your daughter--I would LOVE to have one! And the quilting looks great! Don't you love having a longarm?!

Rachelle March 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM  

These pillows are wonderful, One day I will have to make some.

Sara March 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM  

They turned out adorable! I have to say - I started a blog post titled, "quilting can be frustrating" and it seems I'm not the only one who has the same sentiment!
It always seems worth it in the end though.

Lisa March 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM  

Seriously, soooo cute!!!! Love them so much. The polka dots are perfect, love the hst's (a personal fave!). Your finished pillows are beautiful!!!

Alli March 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM  

They're adorable! Your swirly quilting is great, too! :)

Melissa at My Fabric Relish April 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM  

these are awesome...and i have leftover dr suess fabrics...hmmmm! love the swirl quilting too and totally have those "seam ripper happy" projects too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP