ShareThis

Another School Auction Pocket Pillow

 Friday, April 26, 2013

One of my really good friends asked me to do a pocket pillow for her school auction that she works at every year, so of course I said yes.  Since I only had time to make one, I decided to make this one very gender neutral, so it would be perfect for either a boy or a girl.



I made the pillow out of  the "Welcome to Bear Country" fabric collection by Moda.  I really like this fabric collection.  The Berenstain Bears were my favorite when I was growing up!  The pattern I used was from the book Growing up Modern by Allison Harrison.  The only thing I changed was I made my pocket out of hourglass blocks and added a binding strip across the top of the pocket.  It is a really easy pattern and goes together rather quickly.  I needed that because I must confess that I started it and finished it last night!  The thread I used was #971 Superior King Tut Quilting Thread.  It seems to work the best with my machine for the most part.  The quilting pattern is just a basic allover swirl.  Here are some up close pictures of the quilting.  



Now hopefully it does well at the school auction!

Linking up to Finish it up Friday link party hosted by Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Happy Quilting!


1 comments:

Amanda April 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM  

That's a neat idea...and your swirls look great!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP