ShareThis

The Final 100 Day Hustle Update

 Saturday, December 29, 2012


MY TO DO LIST:

1.  Make 15 to 20 quilted bibs for craft show, which are excellent practice pieces for trying new designs on the long arm

2.  Make 15 to 20 burp clothes for craft show.  Ended up not having time to do this.  Big surprise. 
3.  Make baby girl quilt for craft show.  Started to do this but my long arm started to act up so I ended up ruining it and it became a practice piece.  
4.  Make baby boy quilt for craft show.  This piece became a practice piece to "fix" the long arm and I ended up practicing my feathers on it.  
5.  Make a quilt for my sister in law to photograph for me to use as "new banner" pic to update my website.  

6.  Make myself a Halloween table runner.  Bagged this for now.  I do have the pieces parts and will do that sometime this winter.  I am kind of making two different ones now at this point.  


7.  Finish my mother in law's quilt that she started.  How did this get on my list?  LOL.  In process.  
8.  A Craftsy Class called Machine Quilting Negative Space by Angela Walters.  I purchased the class and at half price!  I hope to do this really really soon.  I got a little bit behind in my present making:)  
9.  Make a "Family Tree Quilt" for my mother in law for Christmas with my sister in law.  This got pushed back because my sister in law had a baby and we couldn't agree on a pattern as of yet, so if you know of any good family tree quilt patterns please let me know!
10.  Make my husband a coffee quilt per his request because my youngest daughter got a hold of the ink pen and inked his current deer quilt I made him before we were married, so now he wants a new one that is coffee themed and has flannel on the back.  Talk about picky!  I have the fabric purchased and the quilt pattern picked out.  That should count for something:)
11.  Christmas stockings for my daycare lady's family as Christmas gifts this year.




12.  Christmas stockings for my parents to hold their Christmas gifts.  I decided to hold off this year because my mom decided she wanted a Christmas cactus which sent me over my "budget" for her for this year.  In addition, I wanted to quilt it with straight lines and I am not getting my table extension, which she bought for  until Christmas, so again this is her fault as well:)  
13.  Christmas stocking for my daughter's kindergarten teacher.  (I am going with a sort of theme this year, so hopefully these are easy to make.  I intend on purchasing Camille Roskelly's pattern to make these.


14.  Melia's petal pocket pillow  Changed my mind and going to do for next year.  Want to give to the girls together and Mae has decided to use "everything" in her crib to stack up and try to escape.  This currently terrifies me, so I may wait another year when the girls are older.  Melia would have really loved it and could have used it since she is a such a hoarder and literally takes EVERYTHING to bed with her.  
15.  Maelyn's petal pocket pillow  See Item #14.  
16.  A baby quilt for my new niece or nephew after it arrives in late November.  I purchased the embroidery designs.  I want to quilt this by doing some custom quilting on it and need my table extension.  I should be getting it really soon!
17.  Long arm quilting samples to show customers.  I want 3 samples of 3 different allover designs.  



18.  Christmas table runner for me and my mom.  Postponed for another year.  
19.  Baby girl quilt for a family friend.  The fabric is all cut and I am working on sewing it into hourglass blocks, which are coming along nicely.  
20.  Baby doll quilt for Angel Tree child.  Was added after my list posted, but still completed.  Yea!!!!



I must say that I feel a lot better about this list now.  I did get more things crossed off.  I have learned though that a list of this magnitude is probably a better idea for a "year long hustle"!  I definitely want to thank Kelsey for hosting such a fun event and for helping me in getting some more "projects" accomplished!

5 comments:

Foster December 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM  

Darling stockings. You got a lot done on this Hustle. Wonderful work!

Kelsey December 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Love the new banner and those are the most adorable stockings!! Thanks for joining in!

Lizzie December 31, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

You've done so much even with your Mum throwing you in a loop. Love the little Christmas Angel quilt.

Carolyn December 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

You got a lot done and your stockings are great! I laughed when I read how your little one uses everything to climb out of her crib. My nephew did that to climb out of his room and when asked how he got over he would say, " climbed on my pillows (books, pals...) and fall on my face".

Angela Walters January 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM  

Hey! I like #8!! I hope you enjoy the Craftsy class and learn a bunch!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP