ShareThis

Giant Starburst - Fabric Requirements & Cutting

 Friday, November 29, 2013


Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations is hosting a quilt along for her Giant Starburst Quilt.  Now I usually don't join quilt alongs because I have a really hard time following through with them, however, this one looks rather simple to do and it looks like I should be able to keep up.  I am hoping anyways!  

My plan is to do "Version 2" and make it for the couch that is in my quilting studio.  I am going to use the following fabrics from Angela Yosten's Flats collection, which I purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I just love these fabrics.


The background fabric that I plan on using is this white, which is a Moda Bella Solid called Porcelain (9900-182).


For the binding, I plan on using another fabric from Angela Yosten's Flats collection called "Rouge on White Bias Stripe".  I think the stripe and polka dot mix are going to look really nice for the finishing touch to this quilt.


I have also finished cutting out most of my fabrics.  I ended up being several inches shy for the 11 1/2 inch squares for three of the color fabrics, so I ordered more fabric today.  It should be in early next week for me to finish cutting up those 3 squares.  However, for the most part I am ready for the next step, which is assembling the quilt top!


Happy Quilting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP