ShareThis

The Countdown to Christmas Quilt Along - The Big Reveal!

 Sunday, November 24, 2013

Welcome back to the next and final post for the Countdown to Christmas Quilt Along.  Today is the day for the final "Big Reveal" of our advent calendars as well as ideas for what we should put in the pockets.  Shown below is a copy of the schedule so you can see where we are at and what comes next:
  • August 19th - Announcement of Giveaway and sponsors
  • September 2nd - Quilt Along begins:  Choosing fabrics and fabric requirements
  • September 16th - Cutting and layout variations
  • September 30th - Applique techniques (machine, hand, puff-paint, ironed on).  The options are endless for how you would like to add your numbers to the pockets.  
  • October 14th - Piecing
  • October 28th - Quilting ideas
  • November 11th - Binding
  • November 25th - The Big Reveal and ideas for what to put in the pockets.

If you want to see more details on the Quilt Along please go here.  Remember you can join in on the fun at any time!

I cannot believe we have reached the end!  Time has just flown by.  I must say that I have been thoroughly impressed with all of the calendars that I have seen so far!  You guys really have done a remarkable job.  I will say that this is the very first quilt along that I have actually been able to keep up with and see to fruition, so I am pretty proud of myself for that.  I also want to give a special "Shout out" to my friend Janice over at Better off Thread.  It has been such a pleasure hosting this quilt along with her and she has been a really awesome person to work with over the past couple of months.  Okay, now to the fun part.  We get to see everyone's finished project.  I am so happy and pleased with how my calendar turned out.  My kids just love this.


I decided to fill my calendar with a couple of things.  My favorite items are these little holiday books.  One package is called "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the other one is "Frosty the Snoman".  You can purchase them from Barnes and Noble for about $10.00 each.  My oldest daughter is in first grade right now and we are currently working on her reading skills.  Now these books might be a little easy for her, but I think they will be some fun quick reads for her to read to the family each night.  I can't believe how perfectly one book fits into each pocket.




Of course you can't have an advent calendar without some chocolaty goodness!  Since these children are definitely mine, they have most certainly inherited their mother's love of chocolate!  So I am including a treat for each kid in the pockets as well.


So tell me, what have you guys decided to put in the pockets of your advent calendars?  I can't wait to see.  Also this is the final linkup, so make sure you linkup because we have some fabulous prizes available and I definitely wouldn't want you to miss out!  So please link up.  The link up will be open until next Sunday, December 1st.  Winners will be chosen at random.  Janice and I will announce the prize winners on Monday December 2nd.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Hilary November 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM  

I'm going to have to get some of those books to put in mine! My son would love getting one of these :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation November 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

so cute! I already have an advent calendar that I made a couple of years ago, or I would have definitely joined in this one! We put family activities in ours. Make cookies, paper snowflakes, buy and donate a toy for a needy child, drive to look at Christmas lights, etc. We look forward to the fun every year!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

katie@stvital November 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM  

Good ideas. Your advent calendar looks so full and exciting for the kids :) I will be looking at everyone's ideas closely, because next year I plan to add another advent calendar for our family and have decided it will have "treats" and/or a surprises.

janice November 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM  

It looks so great, Melissa! Thank you for being such a great partner! My kids LOVE those little board book collections. I'll have to look for the Christmas ones. That candy looks delicious, too!

Janice @ Better off Thread November 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM  

^And that was me up there in the wrong account!

Caroline November 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM  

Yours turned out so cute! Your girls are going to love it:)

Martina November 25, 2013 at 2:11 AM  

How beautiful and I love your filling. Such a great idea!

Dresden Lane November 26, 2013 at 4:23 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dresden Lane November 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM  

Yours came out awesome and thanks again for an awesome QAL. I am kind of confused that there are two link-ups- one here and the other on Better Off Thread. Are we supposed to link up to both blogs?

Paula@TheSassyQuilter December 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM  

These just came out adorable! I bet some are still stitching away at theirs....if they are anything like me:) It has been so great to get to know you this year, Merry Christmas! and looking forward to a fun and quilty 2014!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP