ShareThis

FWQ - Blocks #12 and #16

 Saturday, October 3, 2015

I can't believe it has been so long since I last blogged!  It was a crazy busy summer and so far has also been a crazy busy start to the school year for us.  My youngest has had a hard time adjusting to our new schedule, but slowly things are improving.

Well now that I am back, the first thing I decided to do was join a quilt along.  Angie from the Gnome Angel is hosting the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew Along.


The fabric that I am going to use throughout the quilt along will be from Bonnie & Camille.  I decided to stick to one designer, but am using a bunch of their fabric lines such as Vintage Modern, Scrumptious, Daysail and Vintage Picnic.  I have to wait to use the Vintage Picnic line because that one does not come out until February 2016.

I will be hand piecing these blocks because I wanted to make this quilt like someone would in the 1930's.  I have never hand pieced before, so I am going to leave myself open to use my sewing machine if I get too far behind.  I have totally enjoyed this process.  It is a great thing for me to do while I watch TV with my children and my husband.  I feel like I can spend some quality time with them as well as enjoy something that I love as well.  It also helps that all the new Fall shows are coming out too!

So first up is Block #12 - Becky.


It turned out perfect!  Again I highly recommend hand piecing.  It is very therapeutic and relaxing.  Here is the second block #16 - Bonnie.  I really like how this block turned out as well.  


I didn't complete the 3rd block #8 - Aunt, but will get caught up sometime next week.

Linking up to the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew Along hosted by Angie from the Gnome Angel.


Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

The Patchsmith October 3, 2015 at 2:54 PM  

Love your Bonnie and Camille fabric choices. Your blocks are so pretty.

The Patchsmith October 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM  

Love your Bonnie and Camille fabric choices. Your blocks are so pretty.

Karen @runsewfun October 11, 2015 at 5:48 AM  

I enjoy hand binding on my quilts but have never done any hand piecing. Your blocks are beautiful and encouraging me to give it a try. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP