ShareThis

2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes - June Goal

 Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lately, I have been having a very difficult time finishing things when it comes to sewing because I haven't been able to sew!  So sad!  I haven't finished my goals for the past 2 months, which has been extremely frustrating for me.  Spring going into summer always seems to be such a busy time for us.  We have just been so busy with "wedding stuff" for my sister (her shower was this past Saturday, June 1), my oldest daughter is finishing up Kindergarten (programs galore), planting both our flower garden and the vegetable garden, and getting ready for our garage sale (June 15).  Due to how "busy" this spring has been, I have really looked at my summer and I want to make it "more enjoyable".  So what does this mean?  Well it means that I need to have monthly goals for this summer that will be "fun".


Judy over at Green Fairy Quilts is having her very first quilt along.  I must say that Judy is definitely somebody that I admire.  In fact, I find her very inspiring.  I want to be "her" when I grow up.  Well sort of.  The quilting talent part that is.  Her blog is one of the first blogs that I started to follow.  Her quilting is absolutely amazing.  Someday I hope to be that good!  She is hosting a quilt along using one of her patterns and then at the end she is going to give us several ways to quilt it.  I was thinking this would be a perfect way to learn more on my long arm from someone who does what I want to do someday soon!  So obviously I have to do this.

It is also coming at a perfect time.  I am in the process of cleaning out our master bedroom and have been wanting to make a "quilt" for the end of the bed.  I have found several patterns that I like, but I need something to hold me accountable such as a quilt along so I can get it finished.  I tried a block of the month that was completed a year ago, but I only made one block.  Then I got distracted by other projects such as cleaning up the toy room and re-doing my girls' room.  Now that both of those are finished, the only room left to do is our bedroom and I really want a new quilt for this room!  So hopefully if I do this with other people and know that Judy will be showing me how to quilt it in the end, then I will have a strong desire to get this project completed.

She said to do 1 to 2 blocks a week, so my goal for the month of June will be to complete 8 blocks.  The fabric I will be using will be Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille.  I can't wait to get started.  The pattern has been ordered, so I should be able to get this project started hopefully sometime this week!

I also wanted to let everyone know that I am participating in a Blog Hop hosted by Beth at Plum and June that starts later this week.  My post won't be until next week Thursday, but I am very excited to be a part of such a fun group of quilters, so thanks again Beth for hosting such a great event!


Linking up to 2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts.
Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Vicki June 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM  

I am looking forward to your post! I am a fellow hopper!

heart of charnwood June 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM  

Hi, I totally get the loads on so no time for sewing, it's really frustrating, i'm in exactly the same position, fingers crossed it eases up for us both :o)

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts June 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM  

What a lovely 8 blocks you'll make. . . you can do it :)

Stacey Napier June 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM  

Melissa - awesome post! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Color me green with envy for that long arm machine!! Wow, I would love to have that in my house. Great to meet you in this blog hop - hope to see you when I post in a couple of weeks :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP