ShareThis

Let's Get Aquainted Blog Hop Week #3

 Sunday, June 23, 2013

It has definitely been a very busy week for us around here.  We had no daycare this week because this is one of my daycare provider's vacation weeks.  My husband and I usually break up the week and take 2 days off each, so it doesn't eat up all of our vacation time.  Since I have Fridays off, I usually take off Wednesday and Thursday to give myself a nice long weekend.  The weather has been absolutely beautiful around here, so a lot of this occurred during my time off with the girls.


I am working on special books to give the girls for Christmas called the "ABC's of Summer", so I got some pics taken and edited for that.  Needless to say, not much sewing got done, but I finally did complete one of these flower blocks for Judy's Flower Patch Quilt Along.  You can find the details for the quilt along here.


I couldn't believe it but this block took me two and a half hours to make.  I am hoping that there is a learning curve with this because I have 16 more flower blocks to make to complete this quilt top.  It was my first attempt at flying geese, so I must say that I was pretty proud of how it turned out.  The majority of the points actually did line up.  Not bad for a first try.

I just wanted to remind everyone of the Let's Get Aquainted Blog Hop and hopefully you go and visit these other talented bloggers.

Friday, June 21st
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Linking up with Plum and June Let's Get Acquainted Linkup.

Happy quilting!

9 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation June 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM  

Wow, that is a really cool block, and I can see why it took so long. lots of little pieces and triangles. nice job though!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Kelli Fannin Quilts June 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM  

What a cute block! I love polka dots. Good luck with the rest of them, I'm sure they'll get easier. My MIL made a similar alphabet book for my son with pictures and he has loved it! :) What a great gift you are making for them. xo

jan June 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM  

Your block looks terrific. Flying geese and i don't get along too well. I haven't made but a couple before. But I am learning. Good luck with yours. it looks great.
jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

Celtic Thistle June 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM  

Great photos, what a lovely idea for a book. Love your block too!

Martha June 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM  

It is a very cool block! Totally worth it spending the time making it.

Laura C @ littleandlots June 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM  

Sure it took a long time...but it is super-cute and you have all your points! I think the first block of anything always takes the longest.

Lorna McMahon June 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM  

What a great idea - ABC's of Summer! And your block looks great. Hope the others turn out just as well!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Connie Kresin Campbell June 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM  

Your block looks great and I'm sure it will go easier for you with the next one. Have fun in the water with the kids!

heart of charnwood June 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM  

Cute block, and i know what you mean about blocks taking hours, when you think they could be done in a lot less time! Thx for linking up :o)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP